Sunday 5 March 2017

The journey begins

My music journey started over 2 decades ago.  Growing up with my grandma playing piano. I learned the basics as a child, with stickers on the keys.  I played "keyboard" through school, right hand melody, left hand chords with a variety of built in backing tracks.


I then fell for portability, I played guitar, and violin, but these never really felt the same.  I recently started looking at modern digital pianos and a week later I had a music lesson booked, and a Yamaha Arius YDP-163 in Rosewood.
 
Learning an instrument is tough, at 30 with a 30 year old self critic it is even tougher.  Hopefully this blog keeps me motivated, and helps others along their journey too.

I'd also like to say thanks to Vaibhav Sinha with his blog that inspired me to document my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment