Tuesday 7 March 2017

Lesson 2

As I do have some musical background (some piano in school, guitar, and violin), I had progressed through the book at home at a greater rate than my tutor expected, so after a short time, we looked at one of the pieces I struggle with.

"Shop-a-holic" (the first piece in the previous video I uploaded) was what we looked at.  We worked on keeping my accelerando neater, and keeping control of the ritardando rather than relying on my "intuition".  The final few bars were also a stumbling block, as this piece follows a pattern that increases in speed then throws some legato at you with a change in pattern.

Coming away from this lesson I felt good, I have something to work on now with this piece, while familiarising myself with later pieces ready to focus on them.  But this now feels more musical, and less like a technical piece.

It can be amazing what 30 minutes with a teacher can do.  Roll on Lesson 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment